Three Mile Beach Covid Policy
Preparing for your holiday
Your safety and well-being, as well as that of our staff and their families, is very important to us, now more than ever. In response to Coronavirus we have carefully reviewed our housekeeping procedures and put a range of special measures in place. Please note the following:
Revised check-in and check-out times
Check-in and check-out times have already been set in order to give our teams more time to clean and sanitise. Times will be clearly stated in your booking emails but please look out for any last-minute changes. Please do not ask to check in early or check out late.
Track & Trace QR posters
It is now law that all venues must display a QR code poster at the entrance, which is then scanned by a customer or visitor with the NHS Covid-19 app. This is an effort to better support contact tracing and stopping the spread of the virus. When entering the property, please could you scan the QR code on the poster by the entrance using the NHS Covid-19 app. It can be downloaded here: https://www.covid19.nhs.uk/
Removal of non-essential items
Some difficult-to-clean and high-touch items will have been removed from the houses. These may include throws and cushions, games and toys, DVDs and other items that are non-essential. If there is any specific item or facility listed on our website that you have a question about, please contact us.
Provisions and shopping
Almost all local shops are currently open, and we hope you’ll enjoy supporting our great Cornish retailers but do plan ahead to avoid wasting precious holiday time in queues. Also please remember to wear your face masks in all shops to protect others who are also doing the same to protect you.
Anti-viral surface cleaning
The heavily used surfaces and high-touch items in your retreat will be sanitised using appropriate products. Items include but are not limited to; work surfaces, table tops, remote controls, light switches, hair dryers, door handles, appliances, bathroom fittings, saunas and hot tubs.
All relevant information for your stay, including details of how to gain access to the houses, will be provided by email to the main booker’s email address, prior to arrival. Whilst we have staff on-site to help 7 days per week 9am to 5pm, there is no need for a “check-in” in person. If you require any clarification on arrival, please contact us prior to making your journey. Please adhere to social distancing, wear a mask and sanitise your hands if entering our office.
Safety during your stay
Please stay alert to coronavirus while on holiday, whether in your beach house or out and about:
- Hand sanitiser and/or liquid soap will be available in all retreats and please also bring you own and use it frequently following Government guidelines, including the wearing of masks in indoor public spaces.
- You’ll also find cleaning products in all retreats so please use these to keep on top of any possible spread of infection.
- During your stay you may be mixing with other residents, some of whom will be designated as vulnerable. Please take care to follow to the letter any notices and measures posted locally, to protect them, maintain good relations with Cornwall residents and as an example to others.
When it’s time to go there are four essential things we need from you. These will help to ensure the safety of our housekeepers, and the next guests:
- Strip all your beds and follow the instructions we have left for you, along with all towels and tea towels. This includes linen and towels that you may not have used.
- Empty all bins (not just the kitchen), bag, seal and put out all your own waste.
- Leave on time. Our hardworking housekeepers need every minute to prepare as safely as possible for the next guests.
- Let us know if any of your party has experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 including high temperature or persistent cough.
- If you have symptoms on holiday. You must tell us straight away if you or any member of your party has symptoms. You will be expected to return home immediately if it is safe to do so. If you have to self-isolate in the retreat, we regret that we will have to charge for extended occupancy and all other bookings affected.