A great way to maximise beach time is to take the Night Riviera Sleeper which has airline-style seats or cabin options (either sole use or sharing). Think of the Night Riviera Sleeper as a bedroom on wheels. While you’re catching up on some sleep, you’ll be whisked to your destination. It’s as simple as that.
Book the reclining seat option and you’ll get:
- a modern airline-style seat.
- drinks and light snacks available to buy throughout your journey from the café.
(We advise taking earplugs and an eye-mask to make the journey more comfortable.)
Book a cabin and you’ll get:
- access to the GWR First Class lounge at Paddington from 21.00 and on the way back, access to the exclusive Night Riviera lounges at Penzance an hour before departure.
- complimentary accessible showers, at Paddington and Penzance.
- exclusive use of the on-board lounge; with a welcome complimentary hot or cold non-alcoholic drink.
- wake-up call and complimentary continental breakfast.
The Night Riviera Sleeper is usually very popular, so we always recommend booking your cabin in advance.
From London Paddington
Monday to Friday – depart at 23:45 (you can board from 22.30) and arrive at St Erth at 07:42 or Penzance at 07:53.
Sunday – departs 23:50 (you can board from 22.30) and arrives at St Erth at 08:45 or Penzance at 08:59.
There’s no Saturday night service (no one knows why).
Returning from Penzance
Monday to Friday – depart at 21:45 (you can board from 21.15) and arrive at London Paddington at 05.23 (but you can stay on board until 06.45).
Sunday – departs at 21.15 and arrives 05.03 Monday morning (but you can lie in until 06.45).